The usual and the easiest way to fix any problems related to Chromecast is to do a hard reset Chromecast along with the factory defaults. Here you will get to know the solutions for how to setup Chromecast after factory reset, how to reset your Chromecast with new wifi password and how to reset Chromecast to factory settings without any flaw.
Before we empower you with the questions to be asked about the Chromecast, you need to know when you need to reset Chromecast.
What are the scenarios in which you need to reset Chromecast?
Usually, it is not necessary to factory reset Chromecast. The Chromecast device updates itself when it is connected to the internet. Moreover, you need not worry about the Chromecast device as it rarely gives a problem. However, there are two scenarios in which there might be a need to reset the Chromecast. These scenarios are as follows:-
- If you change your wireless router: The Chromecast can only remember one network. If you have changed your router, you can either re-do the setup, in case the old network is not in range or you can simply reset the “Chromecast”.
- If Chromecast hangs or slogs off frequently: If this is the situation, you can simply try to plug out the USB power cable and then you can check whether the Chromecast is working after plugging the cable or not. However, if it doesn’t work or you encounter a problem when Chromecast hangs then it is a good idea to reset Chromecast before returning the product to the unit or calling for Google support.
How to setup Chromecast after factory reset?
Once you have completed the factory reset process, you can easily set up Chromecast by following just 3 simple steps:-
- In the first step, you have to plug in your Chromecast and then you have to download “Google Home App”.
- In the next step, you have to get connected to your Chromecast app.
- In the third and the final step, you have to configure your Chromecast credentials linked with your Chromecast account.
Remember: The steps mentioned above are applicable once you have done the factory reset Chromecast.
How to reset Chromecast with new wifi password?
In order to reset Chromecast with the new wi-fi password, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-fi with which the Chromecast was connected priory.
- In this step, you have to open the Google Home app on your devices.
- Now, tap on your devices with “>” option and then click on the “Settings” option.
- In this step, you have to click on the device settings menu and then you have to scroll down to Wi-Fi and then tap on the “Forget” option and finally you have to click on the “Forget Network” option.
- Now, you just need to follow the setup steps for reset Chromecast with a new wifi password.
How to reset Chromecast to factory settings?
There are usually two methods to hard reset Chromecast to factory settings. Both of the methods are elaborated below:-
- Reset Chromecast device from the Google Home app:- To reset Chromecast from Google Home app you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to open the “Google Home app”.
- Now, you have to choose the Chromecast device that you wish to reboot and then click on it.
- On your screen, you have to click on the “More” option.
- And finally, you have to click on the “Reset” option.
- Reset Chromecast from the Chromecast device:- Despite the fact that the Chromecast is plugged into the TV, you need to hold down the button that is on the backside of the Chromecast for at least 25 seconds until the light begins flashing on the Chromecast device and then the TV goes blank and starts to reboot.
For more help:
The steps related to reset Chromecast have been already discussed in the piece of writing above. However, if you still face any issues while resetting the Chromecast by following the elaborated steps mentioned above, then it is recommended to get in touch with the Google Customer Support team of experts via Google’s official website or you can also post your queries on the official website.