With the help of its features, Microsoft Outlook facilitates several opportunities for you. Always refer Microsoft Outlook to access the Microsoft Exchange Server email. Many companies are using Microsoft Outlook to connect and share information. Companies, clients and employees can also integrate Outlook with Microsoft’s SharePoint platform to share documents, project notes, share information with colleagues, set reminders, and much more.
How to regain access and reset a forgotten email password?
Microsoft Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office Suite, but it can also be used as an individual application. In order to use your Outlook application, you have to set your password. You can also reset email password as per your convenience. You can only set the password of your Outlook Data File but you cannot set a password for your entire Outlook application.
At times, even the best of us forget passwords. Thankfully, most of the services out there enable users to carry out email password reset to resume access to their account. If you are a Microsoft Outlook user, and have forgotten your password, then follow the below-mentioned instructions to reset your account password.
Please note that the below method is for users who had provided a phone number or alternate email address during the signup.
Reset or recover Outlook.com account password
- Go to the official page and select I forgot my password option and then, click reset your password option that appears just under I forgot my password. This will redirect you to the reset your password page
- Now, type in your email address, then enter the characters shown in the picture and click the Next button
- After that, you will see two password-reset options: Email me a reset link and Send a code to my phone. Select the first option if you want to receive a reset password link to the alternate email address that you provided during the sign-up
- Select the option of Email me a reset link option and then click Next button to receive a password reset link to your alternate email address.
- In addition, select the on-screen option (Send a code to my phone) and then click Send code button if you have associated your phone number with your Outlook.com account. If you select the 2nd option, you will receive Microsoft account password reset code to your phone.
- Ignore the 5th step in case, you choose “Send a code” option through your mobile number. Now, log in to your registered email account, and open the mail that comprises all the reset password info. Once you click on the link, it will redirect you to reset password wizard. Enter your recently acquired password, re-type it for confirmation, and click “Next” to get it done.
- Now Enter the password reset code that you have received via mail. Enter it in your code box and then click Submit button to see Reset your password page. Enter your new password, also re-enter the password, and finally click the “Next”
Once password reset is completed, you will be taken to a page where you can add or update your phone number, alternate email address, and the security question. Microsoft uses this info to keep your account more secure and help you recover or reset your password.