There may be many reasons for you to download Windows 7. For example, if you need to install Windows 7 but you’ve lost or damaged your original setup disc.
Computer makers also often don’t include a Windows 7 DVD with new computers which makes it complicated to download. You might also want to download Windows 7 to just to try out the operating system or to put it on a second computer at home.
How to download Windows 7:
The Windows 7 file can be downloaded directly from official website of Microsoft as long as you know your Windows 7 product key, which is a unique 25-character code used to activate Windows 7 on your computer.
To download windows 7 follow the steps given below:
- Locate Windows 7 product key- The product key is a 25-character code that activates Windows. It helps in verifying that you are not using Windows on more PCs than allowed by Microsoft Software License Terms. Your original Windows 7 product key can be found inside the box of your Windows DVD, or in the confirmation email, you received at the time you purchased Windows.
(Note: Contact your PC’s manufacturer to obtain the product key in case you purchased a device on which Windows 7 came preinstalled).
- Go to Windows 7 Software download page on the Microsoft website.
- Scroll down and enter your 25-character Windows 7 product key.
- Click “Verify”. Microsoft will verify that your product key is valid.
- Now a list of product languages is displayed.
- Select your preferred product language.
- Select either “32-bit” or “64-bit,” depending on your PC’s processor.
- Windows 7 will begin downloading on your computer.
- Wait for Windows 7 to finish downloading. When complete, the Windows 7 file will be saved to your default Downloads location.
- Double-click on the file, select “setup” and follow the prompts.
If you are doubtful about the information or have any questions regarding Windows 7 download, you can always connect to Windows’ customer executives.