You might want to factory reset your devices, routers, or Wi-Fi devices because of certain reasons. The primary reason why you are doing this is because you are giving your router to somebody else or wish to return it back to the retailer. Other than this, some users wish to erase its data permanently, that is why they do such a task.
However, when you factory reset google wifi, all the information present in it is erased and you need to start afresh for using it. Once you complete the factory reset process you need to set up google wifi once again because all the current settings shall be deleted. But, before that, we shall learn how to factory reset google wifi.
Since there are several ways of doing so, therefore these ways are discussed below separately.
Ways to factory reset your router with the Google Home app
Resetting the wifi router form the app will delete all the settings as well as data from your wifi router. Also, it will remove your router and wifi points from your Google account.
- First of all, you need to open the Google Home app.
- After this, tap on the ‘wifi’ icon.
- After this, you need to click on the ‘Gear’ icon which represents ‘Settings’.
- Next, tap on the ‘Factory reset network’ option.
- In the end, click ‘OK’.
Factory reset google wifi points with the Google Home app
After deleting all the settings from the router, you also need to reset wifi points as well, and here’s how you can do this.
- Begin by opening the Google Home app.
- After this, you need to select the name of your wifi point.
- Next, you need to click on the gear icon representing ‘Settings’.
- Then, tap ‘Factory reset wifi point’.
- Finally, click on the ‘factory reset’ option.
Factory reset your points with the Google Wifi app
- First, open the Google wifi application.
- Next, select the gear icon of ‘Settings’.
- Then click on the ‘Action’ tab.
- Further, click ‘Network & general’.
- Tap on the ‘Wifi point’ option present under ‘Network’.
- Furthermore, tap ‘Factory reset’.
- To confirm, click ‘Factory Reset’ once again.
This process may take up to 10 minutes to complete and once it is done, you will see “Reset is complete” message on your screen.
Setup google wifi after factory reset
Important: it may take longer than usual to complete the process, so have patience while doing so. In order to set up Google Wifi, you need to keep the following things handy:
- Google Wifi point(s)
- Google Account username
- Google account password
- Google Wifi app for Android 4.0 or later or iOS 10.0 or later
- Broadband connection
- VLAN tagging
- Ethernet cable for the primary Wifi point
- Power adapter
To set up, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to find a spot for your Google Wifi point.
- After this, you need to plug in your primary Wifi point.
- Further, users need to download the Google Wifi app.
- Next, you need to find Google Wifi points.
- In the next step, you have to connect Google Wifi point.
- From the Google Wifi app, you need to choose your Wifi point’s location.
- Next, follow some instructions to set up Wi-Fi.
- In case it is needed, you need to set up additional Google Wifi points.
- Finally, you have to review your network.
- In the end, install the software and you are done.
Hurrah! You have successfully set up Google wifi after a factory reset. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully in order to achieve the successful setup process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can Google WIFI be used with an existing router?
Yes, you can connect Google wifi with an existing router because each point of Google Wifi can be used to connect to a router. But, sadly you cannot use Google mesh with an existing router.
Why is my Google WIFI not connecting?
This is usually connection issues that might be causing your google wifi to not to connect your router. In such a scenario, you need to fix the connection issue at the earliest.
How do I use Google WIFI mesh?
To use Google wifi mesh, you need to install Google wifi mesh wifi. Make sure you connect the mesh network to only compatible wifi router i.e. Google Nest wifi, Google wifi, and OnHub routers.
How do I reconnect my Google home to WIFI?
First of all, you need to ensure that your mobile device is connected to the same wifi network as your Google Nest or Home. Now, using the Google Home app, you have to connect your device with it.