There are certain moments when your Samsung devices start to work inappropriately. It may not respond to your commands, or at times the apps may not open up. In this scenario, you may be required to perform a factory reset on your Samsung device. Before you start on to the steps to reset Samsung tablet you need to keep certain points in mind and do it only if it is absolutely necessary.
One should note that, doing this will remove the Google accounts, data of the system as well as the app, customized settings. It will also delete the downloaded apps and all the media from your device be it music, pictures, and videos.
Steps to reset Samsung tablet from the settings menu
This process can be used to reset Samsung tablet 10.1, tablet 4, tablet 3, tablet e, and tablet 2.
- Begin by navigating to the “Settings” app.
- When the “Apps” menu opens, select the “privacy” option.
- From here, tap on the option that says “Factory Data Reset”.
- Further, click on “Reset Tablet” button.
- Afterward, tap on “Erase Everything” and confirm your action by doing so.
- All the data stored on your PC will be removed completely.
Read more on- How to reset iPhone 6?
Soft reset Samsung Galaxy tab
A soft reset is done in case you wish to troubleshoot a device. It is the same as when we restart our laptop or computer. It doesn’t affect the data present on our device in any manner.
- Locate the “Power” button and hold it until it display a list of options on the screen.
- Now, choose “Restart” from the list of options.
- When a dialog box is displayed on your screen, click “OK” to confirm your action.
If your tablet gets frozen, then you should hold this button for about 10 seconds and wait.
How to hard reset Samsung tab
Performing a hard reset will reset your device back to its factory default settings. This will make your device new just like when you bought it for the first time. Users should not do this if it is not necessary and before doing this they should try to go for other methods.
- Turn off the device, press and hold the “Volume Up + Home + Power” buttons.
- In this step, release all these buttons.
- Do it only when you see the recovery screen and the Samsung logo.
- Now, using the volume button navigate to the menu.
- From here, select “wipe data / factory reset” option.
- Afterward, press “Home” and again press “Volume Up” to continue.
Reset Samsung tablet to factory settings without password
Follow the steps given below in case you have forgotten your password and wish to reset it:
- First of all, hold the power and volume down button together.
- When the Bootloader menu opens, press the volume button two times.
- This action will take you to the “Recovery Mode”.
- Now, select it by using the “Power” button.
- Again hold down the power button and tap “Volume Up”.
- It will enter the “recovery” mode and here, you have to select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” options.
- In the end, click on “Reboot System Now”.
The reset process comes to an end and now you can start using your device as new. If you have any files stored on your USB drive or at any other location, then you may save it back to your tablet.
Read related article – How do I perform a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy Tab?