It is a common situation where you wish to factory reset iPod touch. It doesn’t matter you want to sell your iPod to another user or you want to just refresh your iPod from the data stored in it, you need to reset it. Sometimes the apple users have locked screen and have forgotten the password and in such situations to there is a need to reset iPod touch without iTunes.
Here, in this article, you will get to learn the ways to reset iPod touch without password, computer or without an iTunes app. It is fine if you have an iPod 6th generation, iPod 5th generation or even an iPod touch 4th generation the reset process is the same for all. So without any delay lets get started!!
What is the process to reset iPod touch without a computer?
If you do not have a computer that can help you to factory reset iPod touch then you can reset the iPod touch manually. To reset you have to simply hold the “Sleep/Wake” key along with the Home down button for nearly about 10 seconds. Keep pressing the button and hold them down until the iPod touch shuts off and gets restart. Once you see an Apple icon on your screen, just release the button. Doing this will surely help you to factory reset iPod touch and now it is possible to even recover your music and other contents via backup.
The elaborated steps to factory reset iPod without password
In this section, you will learn the essential steps to factory reset iPod touch if you do not have a passcode. It seems like you have not synced your iPod to iTunes. In such cases, you can opt for another way to restore the iPhone in the Recovery Mode. Here are the steps for the same:-
- Make sure you have the updated version of iTunes on your computer.
- Switch off the iPod Touch and connect it to the computer and tap on the “iTunes” option.
- Click and hold both “Home” and “Side/Top” button together to set your iPod in “Recovery Mode”.
- Wait for the iTunes to discover your iPod in the “Recovery Mode” automatically.
- You will see a pop-up window that will ask you to “Restore” or “Update”.
- Choose the “Restore” option and wait for the download process to begin for the latest iOS for iPod.
- Make sure your iPod is connected and follow the on-screen prompt to finish the process to the factory reset iPod touch.
How to reset iPod without iTunes?
There are two simple steps to reset iPod tout without iTunes app, you just have to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Hold the buttons of “Home menu” and “Sleep” until your iPod restarts and you see Apple icon appearing on-screen.
- If your iPod boots up, go to the “Settings” option and tap on the “General” followed by the “Reset” option. Here you will get several settings to reset iPod touch without iTunes.
In a hope that these steps will help you to factory reset the iPod without any error we conclude this article. Make sure you follow each step carefully to avoid interruptions in the process. you need to be alert while following these steps.