There are several times when you need to reset your iPhone XR, XS, or X. You might need to do it because your device is freezing, some apps are not working or it is hanging again and again. In this situation, performing a soft reset on it might help you fix this issue. If it still doesn’t work, then you might need to perform a hard reset on it. When performing a soft or hard reset doesn’t make it work appropriately, then you have to factory reset your device. You may continue reading this article to know all the three procedures to make your device work as it should be.
Steps to perform a soft reset on iPhone X series
Soft reset means restarting your device just like you normally do. It will troubleshoot minor issues on your device but will not hamper your data. Here’s how you can do this:
- First of all, grab your iPhone and press and hold the Power (sleep/wake) power button.
- Simultaneously, you need to press one of the volume buttons.
- Now you will see an option reading as ‘Slide to power off’.
- At this time, you need to release those buttons.
- Now, swipe the red-colored power button to right and wait for a couple of seconds.
- When the device powers off completely, you need to press and hold the power button again.
- Do it until you see the Apple logo appear on your screen.
If this doesn’t fix the problem you had with your iPhone, move to the next troubleshooting method.
The process to hard reset iPhone X
“My iPhone XR is frozen and won’t turn off or reset” is the query raised by many iPhone X users. If the screen of your iPhone has turned black or the buttons have become unresponsive, then you may hard reset iPhone X. For iPhone X hard reset, you need to follow the steps given below in a systematic approach:
- First of all, press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Now, press and release the Volume Down button at the same speed.
- Now, press and hold the side button/power button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
When you do so, your iPhone will go to Recovery mode but you will not lose any data. If this method doesn’t work as well, then you might need to factory reset it. Refer to the next section to factory reset your iPhone X.
Reset iPhone X to factory settings
Before factory resetting your device, you should note that you will lose the data available on it. The settings of your device will be similar to when you have purchased it. Make sure to have a backup of your data before doing so.
- To begin the process, you need to go to the menu screen of your device.
- From here, tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- After this, tap on the ‘General’ option and then tap ‘Reset’.
- Now, you will see a few options from which you need to click on ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Here, you will be prompted to enter the device passcode.
- In the end, tap on the ‘Erase iPhone’.
- You need to wait for some time until the process takes place.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to turn off iPhone X?
To turn of iPhone X, XS or XR, you need to press the side button (power button) along with one of the volume (up/down) button. When you see the slider on your screen, you need to simply swipe the slider to your right and your iPhone will power off.
How do you force restart an iPhone X?
To force restart one of the iPhone X series, first of all, you need to press and quickly release the volume up button. Do the same for the volume down button. Finally, you have to press and hold the power/side button for a few seconds until your iPhone restarts.
What happens when a hard reset doesn’t work on iPhone?
In this situation, you might need to perform a factory reset on your device but this will erase all the data from your device. Other than this, you can try some other ways to fix the issue. You just need to hold the side and volume down button for up to seconds and see if it works.