Gmail is one of the globally used email services that are trusted by all users. Gmail helps the users to stay organized by collecting and organizing the email along with the important documents and events. The email is one of the best user-interface that gives you the provision to access the account on every device. If you have many accounts then it is very difficult to remember every account’s password hence as per the solution, if you do not remember the password, you can reset it. Similarly, you can reset Gmail password, if you have forgot the password of the Gmail account. You can easily change the Gmail password on the desktop, iphone, or any other android version. So, let’s begin the discussion and know more about it.
How to change Gmail password?
In order to change the Gmail password here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to open a Google account, where you might need to sign in. Under the “Security” option, you have to select the “Signing in to Google” option.
- Now, choose the “Password” and you might need to sign in again.
- Enter the new password and then select the “Change Password” option.
Reset Gmail password without secondary email
Here are the steps that you need to understand to reset Gmail password:
- Follow the steps to recover your account.
- You will be asked some questions to confirm it is your account and an email will be then sent to you.
- Just check your Spam or Bulk Mail folders.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- To request another email, you need to follow the steps to recover the account.
- Check all the email address you might have used to sign up or sign in to your account.
- Choose the password that you have not used for the account.
What happens once you change your Gmail password?
If you change or reset your password, you will be signed out everywhere except:
- Devices you use to verify that it id you when you sign in.
- Some devices with the third-party apps that you are given access to will pop up.
- There are helpful home devices that you have given account access to.
How to reset when you forgot Gmail password?
If you cannot remember your Gmail password and think that you have tried enough then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Enter the email address that you are trying to access and tap on the “Next” button.
- After this, click on the “Try another way” option in the prompts.
- Just request a verification code to your linked mobile phone number or backup email.
- If you have one of the two options then you will be sent the code to the registered option.
- Enter the code and then tap on the “Next” option.
- In the “Change password” screen, you have to create your new password, confirm it, and then tap on the “Save password” option.
- After saving the new password, the Security checkup screen will appear on-screen.
- Tap on the “Continue” option.
- You will now see the “Google account” page and your new password is now active.
How to change Gmail password on Android?
If you wish to change Gmail password on Android, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- On your android phone or tablet, you need to open your device’s “Settings app Google” option.
- Tap on the “Manage your Google account” option.
- Click on the “Security” option from the top of the screen.
- Under the “Signing in to Google” tab you have to click on the “Password” button.
- Enter the new password and then tap on the “Change password” option.
What are the tips for Gmail account recovery?
- Use a familiar device that is easy to access.
- When you are choosing to use your last password, then Google will ask you for the last password that you have used.
- When you are using the recovery email, then use the same recovery email before your account was inaccessible.
- You need to keep in mind that you can use Google Account recovery more than once. If you fail the first time then you need to try again.
Gmail password recovery via SMS
- Follow the steps to recover Gmail account.
- You will be prompted to answer some questions to confirm it’s your account.
- Reset your password once you have answered the questions.
- Choose a strong password that you have not used with any account.
You may also read: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
Change Gmail password on iPhone
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app.
- At the top right corner, tap on the profile picture or initials.
- Manage your Google Account.
- If you do not use Gmail, then go to my account page.
- Tap on the “Personal info.” Option.
- Under the “Profile” option and click on the “Password”.
- Enter the new password, then select the “Change Password” option.
How to reset Gmail settings?
- Find the settings & make the changes.
- For this, you need to click on the “Settings” option that is available on the top right of the page.
- On the settings page, select the “General, labels or Inbox.
- Make your changes.
- Once you are done then tap on the “Save changes” from the bottom of the screen.
By now, we hope that there is clarity to reset Gmail password. However, if you are stuck in between the steps or you have any queries left unanswered then you are recommended to visit the official website and get assistance from the experts available online.