If you have a Cox Wi-Fi modem in your house or office, then you must know that it gives a high-speed internet connection. But, in case, it stops working as it should be, then there is a possibility that the issue would only go after you perform the cox reset modem process. You might need to do this when your modem delivers slow internet speed and even makes you unable to connect to the internet. If that is the case with you, then rebooting is the first thing you should be doing. In case rebooting the modem does not help fix the issue, then you should think of resetting it. For the instructions on resetting the router and its password, you can always refer to this article.
Why should you reset your cox router?
If you are experiencing internet connectivity issues while you try to connect your PC to the wifi, then the first thing you do is contact your Internet Service Provider for fixing the issues. However, if you find out that there is no issue from their side, then you should probably think of looking for issues with your router. So, if you are thinking to resolve these issues on your own, the best thing you can do is cox reset the modem.
But, in order to reset your modem, you must know the login credentials of your router. In case you do not remember your cox modem router password, then you need to perform the cox modem reset or change password in order to retrieve it. In case you remember your password, then you may go directly to the next section.
Method to reboot your Cox modem
If you are thinking to reset your password, then you must follow the steps mentioned below. But, before you begin to reset your router, you may think of restarting or rebooting it. If that does not fix the issue, you may consider performing the cox reset modem. So, let us learn the steps to reboot or restart the router first:
- First of all, you need to disconnect the modem from the main power unit.
- Simply turning off the device won’t do.
- Make sure you power-cycle the complete connection properly.
- After that, you need to wait for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Then, plug back in all the cables that you disconnected earlier.
- Make sure the devices that were connected to it are turned on.
In case you do face the same issues even after performing the reboot process, you can continue with the next section and learn how to reset your Cox router properly. For this, just follow the instructions given in the next section.
Steps to reset cox modem
Method to perform cox cable modem reset is given below in details:
- The first thing you need to do is locate the ‘Reset’ button on your router.
- Once you do that, press and hold the same button for at least 10 to 15 seconds.
- When the router turns on, connect it to the internet using the Ethernet cable or to a wireless connection.
- Enter the default network SSID and password for establishing the connectivity.
- Now, you need to ensure that cox router is activated and connected to a network or not.
- After that, navigate to the admin portal.
- Then, sign in using your admin ID and password details.
- Next up, you need to enter your password on the new page.
- Once again, enter the new password.
- And, your router is successfully reset now.
As soon as you reset your router, it should start giving you a high-speed internet connection. Make sure you perform the steps for cox reset modem carefully so as to avoid any hurdle. However, it is mandatory to reboot or reboot your router before you reset it because by performing the reset your saved changes will be lost.