If you are a proud owner of apple TV plus or any generation model of Apple TVs, then with many advantages you might have also faced certain Apple TV issues. This error is so when you encounter issues like your TV is freeze or your Apple TV is stuck on the Apple logo. But to solve any of the issues you need to first reset apple TV. Here, in this article, you will get to learn the basic instructions to be followed in order to restore apple TV and factory reset Apple TV. There will be troubleshooting techniques to solve the issues related to resetting apple TV. So, without any delay let’s get started.
What is Apple TV?
To start with our basic understanding, the first and foremost thing is to understand what Apple TV is? So, an Apple TV is a streaming media player that allows you to watch streaming videos, listen to the music, play online games and get access to other applications that are linked with the Internet on your TV. There are generally three models: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV+ and Apple TV HD.
How to setup and install Apple TV?
If you wish to set up Apple TV 4k, Apple TV plus or apples TV+, then you need to follow the steps given below very carefully:
- First of all, you have to connect one end of HDMI cable to the port on your Apple TV and after that connect the other end to the HDMI port.
- Now, you have to connect the one end of the power lead to the Apple TV power port.
- After this, you have to turn on your TV and then select the HDMI input connected to your Apple TV.
- Just follow the guidelines visible on-screen to set internet connectivity and install the Apple TV.
Note: You can press the “Menu” button on the Siri Remote three times in a row for using the “VoiceOver” option.
How to restore Apple TV?
In order to restore your Apple TV, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to unplug the HDMI cable with the power cord from your Apple TV.
- Access the iTunes on your computer and make sure you check the latest or updated version for the same.
- Plugin a USB C cable on the back of the Apple TV. Remember, if you have Apple TV 2nd generation or Apple TV 3rd generation, then you have to use a Micro-USB cable.
- Plugin the other end of the USB cord into the port of the computer.
- For Apple TV 3rd generation, you have to plug in the cord or else leave it unplugged.
- Go to iTunes and if you see the Apple TV summary page then click on the “Restore Apple TV” button.
- Make sure you do not unplug anything while the restore process is on. And once the restore process is completed, unplug the cord if still connected and reconnect the HDMI cable or power cord.
How to do a factory reset Apple TV?
When you are fixing any errors or following the troubleshooting steps to fix the issues in your Apple TV then to reset Apple TV is the last resort. Reset Apple TV will help you if you are about to give your Apple TV away or just rebooting it for its smooth functioning. So here are the ways by which you easily can reset apple tv 3rd generation, apple tv 2nd generation, apple tv 1st generation. So, here is the procedure for the same:
- First of all, you have to open the “Settings” option.
- After this tap on the “General” option
- Now, select and then click on the “Reset” button.
- In order to erase your applications in use, accounts details and the settings you have to tap on the “Erase All Settings”.
- To reset your Apple TV you have to tap on the “Restore” option for which you need an appropriate internet connection.
- Once the process to reset Apple TV gets completed, your device will initiate with power backup.
- After all your data gets withered away, now you can sell it or use the refreshed version of the same.
Get further help
We hope that this article has solved all the issues related to resetting Apple TV, in case you still encounter with problems or you get stuck in between following the steps then we recommend you to visit the official website. We further like to draw your attention that this website is for informational services and practices.
Read – How to reset iCloud Password using your email ID?
Frequently asked questions
Why is my Apple TV not turning on?
There can be many reasons behind Apple TV not turning on such as the cable plugs might get loosen up so you have to check them first. There might also be the case that Apple TV is turning on, but there is no video signal. Just check the HDMI connection and setup again.
How do I turn off the Apple TV?
The quickest and easiest way to turn off the Apple TV is just to hold down the “Play/Pause” button for 3 seconds from the main menu screen. If you have an older version of Apple TV then hold on the “Select” button despite the center circle button. With remote, you just have to hold the “Home” button for a while and tap on the “Sleep Now” option.
How do I reset my Apple TV without the remote?
For this, you have to download the TV remote app from the Apple store to control the Apple tv. After this, just download the updated version of the Apple TV app and connect the iOS to the same Wi-Fi that is connected with your Apple TV. Now, open the Apple tv remote app and choose your Apple TV model. On your TV, go to “Settings”> “General” > “Remotes” and then enter the 4 digit code.
How do you unlock an Apple TV?
First of all, download “Seas0nPass” from the fire core website and unzip this app to drag it to the Applications folder. Now, connect the Mac to Apple TV using USB cable and then open the “Seas0nPass” app then click on the “Create IPSW” option. Now, press the “Menu” button and “Play/Pause” button on the Apple TV simultaneously. After this, tap on “Done” and remove the USB cable. Follow the onscreen steps to unlock/jailbreak an Apple TV.
How do I remove an Apple ID from my Apple TV?
For this, you have to open the “Settings” application and then click on the “Accounts” button. After this, tap on the “iTunes and App Store”. On the screen, you will see the “Apple IDs stored” option. Click on the “Trash can icon” next to it and confirm the deletion when prompted by tapping on the “Delete” button. There will be no Apple ID on the iTunes and App store screen.
Is Apple TV 2nd generation still supported?
Not exactly, even though the 2nd generation looks similar to the 3rd generation there are some major differences between both of the generations. The newest Apple TV software does not support the second-generation Apple TV 2nd generation. So, if you want to get entertained then you have to update yourselves to apple TV plus, Apple TV 4k, Apple TV 3rd generation or Apple TV 4th generation.
How do I connect Apple TV to new WiFi without remote?
First of all, connect the Apple TV to your Laptop and reset the factory setting on apple TV. Once the Apple TV power-up, it will ask for a Bluetooth keyboard. If you do not have a Bluetooth keyboard download a keyboard app from the Apple store. Connect the virtual keyboard to the Apple TV and connect to Wi-Fi by going to the “Settings” option.
How do I update my first-generation Apple TV?
You can easily update the first-generation Apple TV. For this, go to the “Settings” > “System” > “Software Updates” and then select the “Update software” option. If you see any update then click on the “Download and Install” button. Once the update downloads, your Apple TV will automatically restart to update.