It is important to understand that reset network settings Windows 10 should be the last option left if no other option works for you. When you start the network reset process then it will remove and reinstall every network adapter driver windows 10 that are currently working on the system. The reset network settings Windows 10 option was introduced back when the version 1607 of Widows come to light. The utility helps the people to deal with the connection issues. Moreover, the network reset utility also sets the network component on the system to the original factory settings. Remember, only two components get reset that are Winsock and TCP/IP. In this article, you will get the steps to reset network settings Windows 10 without any interruptions.
What are the steps to reset network settings Windows 10?
For the reset all network settings windows 10 cmd, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all tap on the “Start” menu and type the “Network” option.
- Tap on the “Network and Sharing” center.
- After this, go in the Windows settings and tap on the “Network and Internet” option.
- Go in the left navigation window and select “Status” to make you are seeing the network status window.
- Just scroll down till you see the “Network Reset” link.
- Tap on the “Network Reset” link and review the reset information.
- Just tap on the “Reset Now”, once you are prepared to network for reset settings.
- Tap on the “Yes” option in the Network reset confirmation window.
- This will start the reset process and restart the computer.
You may also read: How to reset window 10 password?
- You will get a warning about the computer reboot.
- Save your work and close all the applications.
- Once the computer restarts, you will notice the computer network is not active.
- Select the network icon and pick the network to reconnect connection and select “Connect”.
- If the TCP/IP settings are automatically set, the network connection should detect the network settings and connect to the internet without any interruptions.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is very important to consider to reset network settings Windows 10 if the things are not working well for you and also fix network connections issues in windows 10. However, if you have queries relates to the topic then we recommend you visit the official Microsoft website and get assistance for your related queries from the technical experts available 24/7.
Frequently answered questions-
What happens when you reset your network settings on Windows 10?
The moment you reset the network, the Windows will forget the Ethernet network along with the connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords. Remember, it will also forget the additional connections such as VPN connections or the virtual switches that are created by you. This process will help you to reset the network settings on Windows 10.
What will reset network settings do?
If you are not able to connect to the WiFi, Bluetooth, or other mobile data networks then you have to reset the android’s network settings. Remember, the resetting network settings will not delete any of your apps and personal data. However, it will erase the saved Wi-Fi passwords along with Bluetooth connections.
Will I lose anything if I reset network settings?
It is important to understand that you will lose the network settings that should be restored. Moreover, no password in the router although if it was saved there. But remember, all you need is to reconfigure the network settings. There is nothing much that is lost if you reset the network settings on your devices.
Is resetting network settings bad?
No, the resetting of network settings will not cause the loosing of any files or the valuable information on your phone. However, you need to re-enter the Wi-Fi passwords that you may have or previously saved and that is why the resetting network settings are not considered bad while completing the process.