With a rapid increase in technology, there is a lot more than watching shows and films via TV cable. The new cook is a smart TV that is becoming a revolution. With Smart TV you can unleash new possibilities to get entertained. You can install the steaming apps and via the streaming content over the internet. The LG Tv developers have come across a smart innovation that runs on WebOS. With the latest series of LG smart devices, the LG tv is the most acknowledged one. However, like other smart devices, your LG tv too might not behave properly. This issue might occur due to the random app installed. During these issues, it’s always better to perform an LG tv hard reset option. In this article, you will get to learn the quick and easy steps to reset LG tv.
Point to remember: If you reset LG tv, all the app data along with its apps which you have installed on your TV will be erased.
How to reset LG smart tv?
To perform an LG tv hard reset you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to switch on the LG smart tv.
- Now, just tap on the “Home” button on the TV remote.
- After this, you have to open the “TV” menu options.
- Choose the “Settings” icon on your TV screen.
- Go under the settings menu and select the “General” options.
- Navigate down and select the option labeled as “Reset to initial settings” option.
- You will see an alert message on the screen saying “Confirm Reset” button.
- Now, you have to enter the “TV reset password to reset your TV.
- Tap on the “Confirm Reset” option and enter the “TV reset password to reset the TV.
What are the steps to perform an LG tv soft reset?
There are various ways by which you can perform an LG tv soft reset. Here are some of the methods given below:
- Just press and hold the “OK” button to reset LG tv with TV remote and TV panel as well for few seconds and then your device will start the factory reset process.
- Tap and hold the “Menu” button on the LG smart TV remote and “Menu” button on the TV in a few seconds. The reset LG tv will show you 4 digit password on-screen.
- Enter the LG service menu pin or password codes and then tap on the “OK” button.
To a conclusive viewpoint:
With the help of the reset processes mentioned in this article we hope by now you are able to reset LG tv. As was mentioned earlier in the article there is a possibility that all your app data will get erased from your TV so you need to do a backup for the same. Remember, your tv will now get back from the factory settings. Once you have reset LG tv, then you have to install all the applications again on your TV.
Frequently answered questions
Does LG TV have reset button?
To rest LG TV picture and audio settings with a reset button you need to reset the settings and press and keep holding the “OK” button on the TV for about five seconds and this will perform a soft reset for the LG tv completely without any interruptions.
How do I reset my LG TV without a remote?
You can reset and eliminate the lock on some of the smart TV without having any remote using a few tactics. Just hold the power button for five seconds and the tv will restart automatically. If the lock is still on, you need to unplug the TV and then remove the battery from the TV panel.
How do you reset the LG TV remote?
To reset the LG TV remote all you need to do is just press and hold the “Back” and “Home” button for about five seconds in order to unregister the LG TV remote. You will now see a red LED indicator light once the remote is unregistered and all set to reset. Just press the “Ok” button to re-register the remote.
How do I do a factory reset on my LG tv?
Just open the “All settings” option on your desktop. After this, just select the option labeled as “Support” and press the “Ok” option. Now, you have to go to the “Reset” option to initial settings. In the end, you need to go down to the options until you see the “Reset to initial settings” option. All you have to do is confirm and tap on the “Reset” process.
How do I reset my TV if it won’t turn on?
If the TV is not turning on then turn on your TV off at the wall and unplug the device from the plug socket. Just wait for 30 seconds and then you have to plug again in the port and switch on. This process is known as a “Soft reset” and then you can restart your TV and check all the things working well or not.