Is your iPhone 11 giving you a hard time? Do you feel like buying a new iPhone because your current device is having some issues? Well, you might want to reconsider your decision, and instead, think about how you can hard reset your iPhone 11 to restore its normal functioning. Reset will give your phone a fresh start and solve many errors like a white screen of death, a crashed device, etc.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 11 with buttons?
When it comes to resetting your iPhone 11, iOS provides you with a number of different options:
- Soft Reset
- Hard Reset
- Factory Reset
If you have minor glitches in your iPhone 11, then you can deal with this problem using the Soft Reset option:
- Press and hold the ‘Side’ button and ‘Volume Down’ button simultaneously until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ option appears on the screen.
- Swipe right to turn off your device completely.
- Hold the ‘Side’ button and release it only when you see the Apple logo.
- After this, the iPhone 11reboot will commence.
The alternative method to soft reset iPhone 11using the Settings menu.
- Select the ‘Settings’ icon located on your home screen.
- Navigate to the ‘General’ section.
- Scroll down to choose ‘Shut Down’ option.
- Be patient while your device is powering off.
- Press the ‘Side’ button for immediate restart.
The best thing about Soft Reset is that it is a quick and easy method and you don’t have to worry about losing your stored data after the process is complete.
Performing a hard reset will not delete the essential content in your iPhone 11; in fact, it is helpful in case your device is unresponsive. You must have noticed that Apple incorporated a couple of changes in terms of physical buttons functions like the removal of home buttons from the iPhone X-style models.
The process to hard reset iPhone 11also works for iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max as well.
- Press and release the ‘Volume up’ button.
- Quickly press and release the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Press and hold the ‘Side’ button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
This troubleshooting technique is the last resort if the soft reset and hard reset do not work. Follow the steps to factory reset iPhone 11given below:
Step 1: Log in to your iCloud account.
- Go to Settings > [Your Name] >iCloud
- Toggle the items (contacts, photos, notes, and emails)that you’d like to backup.
- Scroll down to ‘iCloud Backup’ and tap the ‘Back Up Now’ option.
The process may take time, so you need to be connected to a WiFi network.
Step 2: Access the Reset Menu.
- Select the ‘Settings’ icon on the home screen.
- Choose the ‘General’ option.
- Tap the ‘Reset’ button.
Step 3: Reset your iPhone 11.
- Select ‘Erase All Content and Settings’located at the top of the screen.
- If you didn’t back up earlier, you will be prompted at this stage.
- Input the passcode and tap the red ‘Erase iPhone’ option to confirm.
How to factory reset iPhone 11 without a password?
Factory reset iPhone 11 using iTunes:
- Remember to back up your phone before starting the process to avoid any loss of data.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable.
- Launch the ‘iTunes’ app.
- Select the ‘Restore iPhone’ option.
- Click ‘Restore’ from the iTunes dialogue box.
- Choose ‘Next’ from the pop-up window that says ‘iPhone Software Update’.
- Click ‘Agree’ to accept the license terms.
Factory reset iPhone 11 via Settings menu:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap ‘Erase All Content and Settings.’
- Restart your iPhone 11.
- On the ‘Apps Data’ screen, choose ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ and then tap ‘Choose Backup.’
How do I force shut down my iPhone 11?
- Press and hold the ‘Side’ button + ‘Volume Up/ Volume Down’
- As the ‘Slide to Power Off’ text appears, release all the buttons.
- Swipe right on the ‘Slide to Power Off’ option.
How do I reset an unresponsive iPhone 11?
- Long press and hold the ‘Side’ button and volume Down’ button together.
- Now you will see the ‘Slide to Power Off’ option.
- Slide it to turn off your iPhone 11.
- Restart your device by holding the ‘Side’ button until the Apple logo appears.
What do you do when your iPhone 11 won’t turn off?
If your phone is frozen and it won’t turn off, then you don’t need to reset your device entirely. Instead, you can use a quick method to force shut down your phone:
- Press and release the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Hold the ‘Side’ button until your iPhone begins to restart.
- Continue pressing the button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- Allow seconds for the recovery process to complete.