There are many Apple desktops and laptops that come with a built-in webcam and this is also known as the Facetime camera. On the contrary, if the iMac camera not working and it displays that the device is disconnected or unavailable when you attempt to access it, then it might not feel good for the users who wish to access it at that point in time. There are certain things that you can try when the iMac camera not working. Through this article, we will discuss the essential process to fix the iMac camera not working error. So, let’s take the discussion further and get started with the topic.
- First of all, you need to check the applications using the camera: Generally, only a single Mac app can use the camera at one point in time. You need to make sure that the application you are trying to use is not denied access to the camera as something else is utilizing at present. It is important to acknowledge that you can attempt to fix the issue by closing all the applications that are currently in access to the camera.
- Restart the computer: The second step is to restart the heading to the “Apple Menu” in the upper left-hand corner of the Mac screen and then tap on the “Restart” option. Remember, if any of the processes are using the camera in the background then you cannot access the then iMac camera not working issue will not get resolved.
- Reset the Mac system controller: This sounds overwhelming but you don’t need to worry and if Mac’s webcam is not performing the way it should then you need to reset the device. The system management controller controls the hardware functions of the Mac and rebooting the device will solve much of your problem.
How to reset a Macbook SMC to resolve the iMac camera not working error?
If you are having a Macbook then here are the ways to reset the SMC, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to start by shutting down the Macbook.
- Make sure your Macbook power adapter is connected to the computer.
- Hold the Shift+Control+Options keys and then turn on the power to start the computer.
- Once the Mac device is turned on, hold the Shift, control, and option keys all at the same time.
- Wait for a while and allow the Mac to boot as normal.
- Once your computer gets reset it will get restart you need to check to see that you can now access the camera.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to reset an iMac, Mac Pro, iMac to fix the iMac camera not working error?
If you have a Mac desktop then you have to follow the steps that are given below to reset the devices:
- Shut down the Mac device.
- Disconnect the power cord from the device.
- You have to hold down the Mac power button for thirty seconds.
- Now, release the power button and reattach the power cable and boot the Mac device, and normal.
- Once the device starts up, you need to check to see if you have access to your camera.
What are the other ways to fix the iMac camera not working error?
There are two ways that will help you to fix or deal with the error where the iMac camera is not working, here are they:
- Go to the Apple technician: You need to understand if nothing, mentioned above works for you then there is no other option than going to the Apple technician to have the Mac service. The Apple stores offer free technical support in their services. Hence, it is recommended to make an appointment online at the Apple support website so that you will have a much shorter time to see the technician when you arrive at the store for the service. It is important to acknowledge that if you cannot make an appointment online then the Apple store accepts the walk-ins but you will not get the time –slot you have wished for.
- Call the Apple support: This is an alternative process to go to the Apple store. Here you can contact Apple’s telephone-based support to seek the solution without you leaving your house.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that by now you have got a clear picture for assistance to fix the camera that isn’t working on mac. However, if you are still stuck up with the steps or you are confused to follow the guidelines as directed in this article then it is strongly suggested to visit the official website and get assistance online from the customer support team for Mac devices, whichever you own.