Resetting your router becomes really important especially when it starts to give technical glitches. Sometimes, while you try to troubleshoot your router and you are left with no option but to reset it, at that time, you start looking for ways to do so. Once you reset your router, the settings made on it will also get reset and your customizations will be removed along with it. Thus, to reset your router to factory defaults, you can put into practice the easy-to-follow steps mentioned in this article.
Factory resetting also helps when you set up a new network on your router and plan to use the same network for a longer duration. Thus, if you have an AT&T U-Verse router, then you have found the right article to reset the ATT router to its factory defaults. Before you begin, make sure that you are ready for the customizations to be removed.
Method to reset the AT&T router
Here are the steps that you need to follow for factory resetting your router:
- Begin by making sure that your PC is not connected to the router
- Now, move to the router and locate the “Reset” button present on it
- This button is usually colored in red and available at the back
- Now, to begin resetting the router, press and hold this button for 20 seconds
- After this, release the button to initiate the process
- Wait for about 5 minutes and your device will be reset to its factory settings
How to reset ATT router password?
If you are using an AT&T router, then you must have registered on the Smart Home Manager portal which gives you access to all the settings that you make with your Wi-Fi network or router. Thus, if you ever forget your router’s login password, you can change it directly by logging in at Smart Home Manager and following the steps listed below:
- Go to the “Smart Home Manager” website
- Now, sign in with your login credentials
- Click on the “My Wi-Fi” tab
- And, select “Edit” next to your password
- Then, click on the “X” icon to clear all the previously entered details
- Enter a new password for your AT&T router
- Select “Save” and reconnect your devices with the updated password
If that does not help, you can also reset ATT router to its factory defaults and then change the default login credentials.
Why is my AT&T router not working after reset?
If you have recently reset ATT router and you find yourself in major trouble than before, then you probably want to know the reason behind it. In case your router does not reboot automatically after performing the reset then you should reboot it manually. Here are a few things you can try in order to fix this problem:
- As already said, reboot your router and wait for some time
- You can also try to unplug and re-plug your router
- Power cycle your router if it doesn’t work even after that
Don’t know how to power cycle your AT&T router? Here is how to do it:
- At first, you need to unplug the power cable from the back of the modem
- If the router has an internal battery, remove that too
- In case you are using a DSL, you need to unplug the cord of the phone from the modem
- Now, wait for 20 seconds
- And then, put the battery back to its original place
- Plugin the power cable of the router again
- If you are using a DSL service, you need to reconnect the phone cord
- Restart the router and you’re done with power cycling
For troubleshooting your router, setting a new network, or resetting the credentials to factory defaults, you may reset the ATT router to its factory defaults. The detailed guide above will help you achieve your goal in a better and convenient way. So, you can refer to this guide whenever your AT&T router gives technical glitches or you forget its gateway credentials.