You may wish to know the steps to factory reset 3ds game or restore the system to the factory settings. Usually, troubleshooting is very much important when you soft-bricked your system or wish to flip your 3ds without saving data on it. The other factory reset 3ds process is also useful, especially when you wish to refresh the system. You will learn how to do the factory reset of the Nintendo 3ds console with or without a pin. You will also see the troubleshooting problems that are usually faced. So, let us get started!
What are the steps to reset Nintendo 3Ds without pin?
Have you forgotten the Nintendo 3Ds password but you wish to do a hard reset, then first you need to reset the pin through the secret question that is prompted on-screen and you can enter the same to do the hard reset. Since you can remember, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to reset the pin through the pin and with the help of the secret question.
- Since you cannot remember it, go to the “Settings” option and then tap on the “ Parental Controls”.
- Click on the “Forgot Pin”, now the system will prompt you to provide an answer to the security question.
- Tap on the “Forgot Pin” again and wait while the system generates a 10 digit Inquiry number.
- Remember, the inquiry number will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Note down that this is the number and your system date.
- Usually, customer support will use this number to generate the master key for you.
- But you won’t have to make use of any support and you need to visit the website and get assistance.
- Go to the website and put your inquiry number and system date in the appropriate fields.
How to factory reset 3ds xl?
You will need your pin and the the internet connection for the factory reset 3Ds XL, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Tap on the “System settings” and navigate to the “Other settings” scroll to the right and locate the “Format system memory” and then enter the pin.
- After this, you will be prompted to connect to the internet.
- The system will warn you about all the data and the information that will get lost.
- Click on the “Next” button until the system requests you to confirm the format request.
- Click on the “Accept to finish” option.
How to do a factory reset 3ds DSI XL without a pin?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete the process to factory reset 3ds DSI XL without a pin:
- Go to the “Menu” tab and then click on the “Start” button.
- Now, select the “Parental control” option.
- When the system asks for your pin then select the option labeled as “I Forgot.”You’ll be prompted to provide an answer to your secret question”.
- Do it incorrectly three times and after the third attempt, the system will display the “Inquiry number” at the bottom of the 3Ds.
- Go to the website to generate the new master key with the inquiry number.
- From where you left off on the Nintendo 3d console, enter the master key.
- You can now format the DSI XL using the steps that are mentioned here.
How to factory reset 3ds game data?
There are basically two options to factory reset 3ds game data, here are the options:
- First of all, you need to power on the DS and load the fame that you wish to delete with its data.
- Go through the “Main menu” and find the “Option screens”.
- Now, click on the “Delete all fame save data” if your title features the option.
- This method applies when the specified title doesn’t feature “automatic game data reset” or you want to wipe clean the cartridge.
- Power off your Nintendo DS, ensuring there is no cartridge inside.
- Now, power it on again and when the system menu, insert the cartridge you wish to delete its data.
- An icon corresponding to the inserted cartridge should appear.
- Click on the cartridge’s icon when it appears.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the combination of “A,” “B,” X,” Y,” R,” and “L” buttons.
How to fix the 3DS soft reset not working issue?
There are no steps to fix this error however you can perform the steps for hard reset manually, here are the steps:
- First of all, you need to press and hold the “Power” button down until the system resets.
- Doing this may take some time but you need to just wait patiently.
- Once the system is powered down, you need to press the Power button once you turn it back.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Hopefully, you are now clear with the set of instructions that are given here in this article to factory reset 3ds. However, if you still have queries related to the topic then you are recommended to visit the official website and get assistance from the customer support team. The customer support team will provide you the solution to the queries 24/7.