If you use a PIN to access your Microsoft account or Windows devices, then there is a chance that you might forget it. If that has happened with you too, then you must reset it immediately to regain access to your account and open the locked gates to different Microsoft services. Forgetting a Microsoft PIN could be a real headache if you do not know the correct process to retrieve it. Hence, I have compiled this article for you so that resetting the PIN becomes easier for users. To reset Microsoft PIN, you should have some other account-related handy with you so that you can complete the identity verification process.
Without verifying your identity and sharing the required details on the PIN reset page, you will never be able to reset the PIN. Therefore, you should make sure that you have other necessary details ready with you and you have access to your Microsoft account login credentials. In the sections below, we have covered the method of retrieving your PIN on different devices. So, without wasting much time, let’s get right into the whole process.
Can I reset or change Microsoft PIN on iPhone?
Since Microsoft accounts are something related to Windows device holders, therefore there is no such way to reset your Microsoft account PIN from your iPhone. If you have forgotten your PIN, then you can only reset it from a Windows device by navigating to the account settings. Hence, we can say that changing or resetting your PIN from an iPhone is nearly impossible. However, you can use the browser of your iPhone to go to the official website of Microsoft and log in to your account to change some of the account-related details. In the same way, you cannot reset Windows 10 Password from an iOS device.
What does the “Your PIN is required to sign in Windows 10” message mean?
If, while logging in to your Windows 10 PC, you are asked to provide the PIN that you actually do not know anything about, then in such a case you can remove that PIN from the device’s settings. This PIN is known as the Hello PIN which allows you to provide security to your device and keep your device protected from unauthorized access. To remove this PIN, you can follow the quick steps that I have listed below:
- First of all, click on the “Start” button
- Now, tap on the “Settings” icon to access the control panel
- Then, click on the “Accounts” option to proceed
- And, then choose “Sign-in Options” from the given list
- Next up, click on the “Windows Hello PIN” option
- Click on the “Remove” option from here
- When asked, enter your Microsoft account password
Moving on to the process to reset or change Microsoft pin, let us now learn what you can do if you ever Forgot Your Windows 10 Hello PIN.
Steps to reset Windows 10 Hello PIN
In case you have forgotten the Windows 10 Hello PIN, then here is the method by following which you can reset it:
- Go to the screen where you are asked to enter the PIN
- Here, tap on the “I forgot my PIN” option
- Now, you need to enter your Windows or Microsoft account password
- After typing it, click on the “Sign In” button
- In case you have enabled 2FA, then complete the identity verification
- Now, to give your consent to reset the PIN, click “Continue”
- You can now choose your new PIN and click “OK”
That was all about how to reset Microsoft PIN. If you want, you can change any of your Windows device account-related details directly from your Microsoft account. Forgetting a PIN could be a nightmare if you do not know the correct method. Therefore, I advise you to write down the PIN at a safe place so that you do not forget it or get your hands on it easily.