If you too get insecure about keeping your security intact and accessing your Hotmail account, then the piece of advice is to do a Hotmail password reset. If you think that someone might access the emails you get over your Hotmail account then you should reset Hotmail password. Remember, having a strong, unique and private password is important to keep the privacy high on priority. Changing the password will make it difficult to access the Hotmail password. If you are holding an Outlook account then reset outlook is the option to protect the account.
In this article, you will get to learn the way by which you can do a Hotmail password reset. This piece of information will also light up how to reset outlook password as MS outlook has become the official email provider from any email that ends with “@hotmail.com”. So, you need to access the Outlook to reset any Hotmail or Outlook passwords. So, without any do let us get started with the topic.
Hotmail Password reset- On Mobile
If you want to reset Hotmail password on mobile, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, tap on the “Outlook” app icon and open it.
- Click on the “Get Started” button.
- Now, enter the email address associated with your Hotmail account.
- After this, click on the “Add account” button.
- Click on the “Forgot my password” link on the webpage.
- Place a tick on the “I forgot my password” box.
- Up next, you need you to need to click on the “Next” option.
- Now, enter the verification code in the space provided.
- Tap on the “Next” option to proceed further.
- Just enter the email and go to the “Account recovery” option.
- Click on the option labeled as “Send code”.
- Now, you have to retrieve the recovery code.
- You have to enter a recovery code and then enter a new password.
- In the end, just tap on the “Next” button when prompted on-screen.
Hotmail Password reset- On Desktop
If you want to reset Hotmail password on desktop, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to open the password reset page – https://account.live.com/password/reset.
- You have to tap on the “I forgot my password” box.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “Next” option.
- You have to enter the email address associated with the Hotmail account.
- Now, enter the verification code to proceed.
- You have to tap on the “Next” option.
- Choose the “Account reset” option.
- Enter the credentials and tap on the “Send code” option.
- You have to retrieve the recovery code and enter the code.
- Enter the new password and tap on the “Next” button when it is prompted on-screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that the process to perform a Hotmail password reset as mentioned in this article has helped you to process the same. However, if you still encounter any issues or errors within the process then you need to visit the Reset Outlook webpage and get assistance from the technical professionals and experts available on the website. The technical assistants over the website are available 24/7 to assist you with the best alternative solutions and guidance to resolve the issues.
Frequently asked questions
How do I recover my Hotmail password without resetting it?
For this, you need to go to the “Microsoft account” website and then sign in using the phone number or the email address. Tap on the “Enter password” page and then click on the “I forgot my password” button after this, you have to tap on the option labeled as “Why can’t you sign in” and then click on the “I forgot my password” option followed by a click on the “Next” option.
How can I log into my Hotmail account?
You have to go to the Outlook login page and then tap on the login button and enter the email address and tap on the “Next” button. Go to the next page and enter the password and choose the “Log in” option. Follow the instructions on-screen and then you can easily log in to the Hotmail account.
Which is Better Outlook or Hotmail?
The outlook is much smoother and more efficient in comparison with Hotmail. And this is why Hotmail was updated to Microsoft Outlook to make the interface experience better. It enables the users to have more control and power to manage the emails more efficiently without interruptions.
How can I access my Hotmail account from Outlook?
To access the Hotmail account from outlook you first have to open the Outlook login page and enter the credentials to log in. After this go and select the “Tools” option followed by this, go to the “Account Settings” option from the “Outlook” tab. Click on the “Email” tab and tap on the “New” option and then make sure you select “MS Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP options are selected. Followed by this click on the “Next” button and follow the instructions.
Do Hotmail accounts expire? Does Hotmail still exist 2020?
The Hotmail accounts don’t really expire. The answer to this is that the Outlook works as the successor of Hotmail and this is where you access the accounts to set up. However, Microsoft says the users can use the Hotmail domain names. The previous Hotmail doesn’t exist 2020 individually and it works within the Outlook application.