Is your Samsung TV stuck or freezing at a point and you are unable to watch your favorite shows on it? To get rid of this hectic issue, the best solution is resetting your Samsung TV to its factory settings. By going through this typical method to reset Samsung TV, you will get your TV working again just like before. Doing so will ensure that all the default settings of the TV are restored and it will start working just fine.
You must also do the same if you wish to get rid of a problem that is hard to resolve or you are in a mood to sell it off. However, before doing so, you should keep one thing in mind i.e. all your customized settings will be erased. You will lose all your recordings, tuned channels, as well as applications you have installed on it.
So, before you proceed further to perform a hard reset, you must try to resolve the issue with a soft reset. If the soft reset doesn’t work well, you can continue with the hard reset.
Method to soft and hard reset Samsung TV
When your smart TV is stuck or frozen, performing a soft reset on it will restore its functionality. However, if the problem hard in nature, then you might need to go through the hard reset process:
To perform a soft reset:
- Take the TV’s remote control in your hand.
- Press and hold down the ‘Power’ button.
- Wait for a minute until the process completes.
- Now, press and hold down the power button once again.
- This will definitely turn on your Samsung TV.
To perform a hard reset:
- First, you need to turn on your TV.
- After that, press the ‘Menu’ button and select ‘Support’.
- Then, hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- On the next screen, choose ‘Self Diagnosis’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- Next up, select ‘Reset’ and select ‘Enter’.
- Now, you need to enter the ‘Security PIN’.
- In order to continue, you need to enter the Pin which is usually 0000.
- In case you have changed the PIN already, then enter the new PIN.
- Now, you will see a warning message on your screen.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to confirm your action and you’re TV will restart.
Perform Samsung smart TV black screen reset
If you are constantly experiencing a black screen on your TV and not able to watch any shows on it, then you may try some troubleshooting techniques in order to fix this issue:
Method 1- verify the power connectivity
Users will come across this problem in case the power connecting cable is loose or not plugged in properly. Make sure you have connected all the cables properly in order to avoid facing this situation.
Method 2- cross-check the sources
Ensure that your channel service providing box is not at fault. if you are watching through a DVD, then make sure that the player is working properly.
Method 3- reset your TV
- To reset Samsung TV, follow these instructions:
- From your remote, go to the ‘Menu’ section.
- Here, select ‘Settings’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- Then, select Support> Enter > Self Diagnosis> Enter.
- Now, select Reset> Enter.
- Type the Security PIN and hit ‘Enter’.
In case this doesn’t help, you may try to update the firmware of your TV, disable/enable the Sleep mode, or seek technical assistance.
Frequently asked questions
How do you reset a Samsung smart TV Plus without a remote?
To reset a TV without a remote, first, you need to unplug the power cord from it, and then locate and press the ‘Power’ button and ‘Volume Down’ button on the TV at the same time. Without leaving these buttons, you need to plug the cord back in it. When you do this, you will see the reset screen on which you need to follow some instructions.
How do I find the PIN for my Samsung Smart TV?
There is a 4-digit security PIN for Samsung Smart TV which is 0000 by default. However, if you have changed this PIN, then the newly created PIN will work wherever necessary. In case you have forgotten this PIN after changing it, you might need to reset the PIN.
How do I reset my network settings on my Samsung Smart TV?
To reset network settings on your smart TV, you need to perform a hard reset on it by navigating to the ‘Self Diagnosis’ section in the ‘Support’ menu of TV settings. During this, you shall be asked to enter the PIN and follow some on-screen prompts to restore network settings.
What to do if your Samsung Smart TV won’t connect to WIFI?
If your Samsung TVs won’t connect to WiFi, then you must check the fault with your router. You should try to turn it off and on by pressing the power button for at least 10 seconds. Check with your internet service provider and see if it is giving the proper internet connectivity or not.
How do I reset my Samsung frame TV if it won’t turn on?
First of all, disconnect all the cables from the TV and press and hold the ‘Power’ button on it for up to 10 seconds. After that, you need to wait for a few seconds and then press the Power button once again. In case it blinks and then won’t turn on, there is a problem with the power source or power cable.