When you do a soft reset that means you are just turning a computer or the device off and on that deletes most of the memory but can correct many issues. If you are performing steps to reset ps4 then you have to reset the connection between the controller and the console. However, it can only be done if you have a second or spare controller. Remember, if you do not have a spare controller then there is no need to perform the hard reset ps4.
What are the steps to perform a hard reset PS4?
A hard reset ps4 should be done when a device is reverted back to its factory default settings. Fortunately, it is very much easy to do with the DualShock 4 controller. However, we need a paper clip or something to perform the steps for hard reset ps4. These steps are as follows:
- Power down the PS4 and turn on the Dual Shock 4 controller.
- Locate the small hole near the left button.
- You now have to unfold one end of the paper clip and insert it in the hole.
- Hold the button for 5 seconds.
- Just connect the controller to the PS4 with the USB cable.
- Turn on the PS4 and wait for it to start.
- You have to press the Playstation button on the controller to login to the PS4.
- Remember, the light bar should turn blue that indicates the Dualshock 4 has a paired console.
What are the steps to reset the password ps4?
Apart from reset ps4, the second most searched topic is to reset password ps4 controller. So, here are the steps to reset the password of the ps4 controller:
- Go to the PS4 home screen and tap on the “Settings” option.
- Now, tap on the “Account management” option and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Press the Triangle button and tap on the “Next” option.
- You just have to tap on the link in the email and enter the new password.
Are you still having issues with the PS4 controller even after reset ps4 process?
If you are still facing troubles with your PS4 controller, then you can try to restart the router or modem. Remember, you will lose internet access while doing the process. Moreover, if you are unable to sync the PS4controller, just run through the steps for doing a hard reset with the router or modem turned off.
Frequently answered questions-
How to connect the ps4 controller to pc?
If you want to connect the PS4 controller using Bluetooth, then press and hold the central PS button along with the Share button for three seconds till the light bar on the controller flashes. Just open the Bluetooth settings on the PC and operate the PS4 controller wirelessly.
How to pair ps4 controller?
To pair the PS4 controller, connect the controller using a micro USB cable and then tap on the “PS” button on the controller. Once the controller lights up you can then remove the cable and use the controller wirelessly and play your favorite games.
How do I get my ps4 out of safe mode without USB?
You can use the Safe Mode menu in most of the instances, you have to restart the PS4 out of the “Safe Mode”. Make sure there are no power issues. You can power cycle the PS4 by holding the power button. After this, you have to rebuild the corrupted files and update the PS4 software.
How to reset ps4 back to factory settings?
- From the “Settings” menu, go to the “Initialization” tab.
- After this tap on the “Initialize PS4”.
- Choose the “Initialize PS4” option and select the “Full” option.
- This is to perform a full factory reset, and on the next page, select the “Full” option.
How to delete everything on ps4?
- Go in the “Settings” menu and then go to the “Initialization” tab.
- After this, you have to select the option labeled as “Initialize PS4.”
- Now select the “Full” option on the next page to perform a full factory reset.
- Choose the “Full” option.
How do I change my PIN on ps4?
- First of all sign in to the “Sony entertainment network account.
- After this select the “Account” tab.
- Now, select the “Security” section on the left side of the screen.
- Tap on the “Change Pin” or “Create Pin” option.
- Enter the password and select the Pin to confirm
- After this tap on the “Save” option.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that the steps discussed in this article will help you to reset PS4 without interruptions. However, if you still have any queries which correlate with the topic then it is recommended to visit https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/password-reset-psn/ the official website of Sony PlayStation customer support to get assistance.