You may have to factory reset your HomePod mini due to several factors. A HomePod mini user needs to factory reset it in cases like if it is not responding, facing hanging issues or looking to sell it. You can reset your HomePod mini to factory settings using different methods like using the Home app, pressing the top of HomePod and using a Mac or Pc. Today, on this page, we are discussing the method to reset Apple HomePod mini to factory settings. Let’s move on to the methods to reset your HomePod mini to factory settings.
Methods to reset Apple Home Pod mini
Here, we have mentioned three possible ways to reset HomePod mini to factory settings. Approach the methods to fix the slowness issue with your HomePod mini. These methods can also help you if want to sell or give away your HomePod or you want to send it in for service.
Method 1: Use the Home App to reset the HomePod to factory settings
To reset the HomePod to factory settings using the home app follow the steps that we have given below:
- Using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, launch the Home app on it
- Head to the sign-in page and sign in to your Home app account using the Apple Id credentials
- Then, on your device, press and hold HomePod (if you are using the Home app on Mac, you need to double click on HomePod)
- Now, scroll to the bottom and click on Remove Accessory
- Now, click on the “Remove” button
- Finally, you have reset the HomePod to factory settings using the Home app
Note: After approaching the above steps you will reset your HomePod mini successfully. Make sure to enter the Home app sign-in username and password details carefully to avoid any type of login issue.
Method 2: Press the top of HomePod to reset it
If you are unable to remove HomePod using the Home app then follow the steps that we have mentioned below to reset the Apple HomePod device:
- Unplug the HomePod mini from the AC Power source, wait for a while, then plug it back to the AC power source
- Now, wait up to 10 secs and touch your finger to the top of the Apple HomePod mini and hold it there
- When the white spinning light turns red, remove your finger
- You will get to hear a message from Siri that your device is about to reset to factory settings
- After listening to three beeps, you can lift the finger
- Finally, you have reset the HomePod mini to factory settings pressing the top of the HomePod
Method 3: Reset HomePod mini with a Mac or PC
To reset the Apple HomePod mini with a Mac or PC you need to approach the steps that we have mentioned below:
- Using a USB cable plug your HomePod mini into your Mac or PC
- Wait for a while and open a Finder window on your Mac
- If you are using a PC then open the latest version of iTunes
- Now, look for the “Restore HomePod” button and click on it
- After clicking on the “Restore HomePod” button your computer will start the process to restore the software on your HomePod mini
- Let your Mac or Pc complete the restoration process of HomePod mini software
- You will find that the orange light on the top of your HomePod Mini is off now
To sum up, if you are facing slowness or hanging issues with your HomePod mini then you can reset it to factory settings to fix the issue. You can reset the HomePod mini using the home app, pressing the top of HomePod, or with the help of your Mac or PC. The steps to reset the HomePod mini are mentioned in this post. We have concluded all the possible ways to reset the HomePod mini and we hope you have reset the Apple HomePod mini referring to this post.