At times, the memory of your firestick remote gets clogged which gives way to many other issues such as sluggish performance and so on. However, there is one simple solution to this problem which is to factory reset the firestick remote. But, this is not simple as it sounds as you will lose all the data and customizations that you have stored over it.
There are multiple methods through which you can reset your remote. You can do it by using the remote itself, with the help of a computer, a smartphone, or using the PIN. So, in this article, we shall discuss a few methods to reset your factory reset your remote to factory settings. After you successfully reset the remote, it will fix all the issues and eliminate the bugs as well. So, let’s begin to reset the firestick remote.
Method to factory reset Firestick with computer
- Install one of the Android emulators on your computer.
- After that, launch the emulator.
- Then, you need to open the Play Store.
- In it, search for and download the Fire TV remote application.
- Now, you have to configure the apps you have downloaded.
- From there, you need to choose the device which you need to reset.
- Then, tap on the ‘Gear’ icon at the left.
- Tap ‘System’ and select ‘Reset to Factory defaults.’
The process to reset firestick without remote
- First, you need to install the Fire TV app on your device.
- Then, connect your firestick as well as the smartphone to the same network.
- As soon as you see the Fire TV Stick icon in the app, select it.
- Now, locate the 4-digit code that you see on your TV’s screen.
- Enter the same code in the app.
- Using the app as the remote controller, go to the ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘System’ > ‘Reset to factory defaults.’
How to factory reset firestick without pin?
- From a browser, go to the amazon.com/pin page.
- Now, you need to log in to your Amazon account.
- Then, you have to switch to the ‘Parental Control’ tab.
- To set a new PIN, enter it under the ‘Prime Video PIN’ tab.
- After entering the new PIN, you can save it.
After settings the PIN, you can perform the factory reset using one of the methods given above. You can also reset Amazon fire stick PIN if you have already created the PIN but have forgotten it.
The method to reset Kodi on firestick
- From the ‘Settings’ menu, select ‘Applications.’
- After that, select ‘Manage installed applications.’
- Now, find out and tap on ‘Kodi.’
- Then, choose ‘Clear Data.’
- Again, click ‘Clear data’
- Now, launch Kodi once again and click ‘Continue.’
- Then, select ‘Allow’ and wait for a few seconds.
- With this, Kodi has been reset to factory defaults.
What can I do if the firestick remote won’t pair after the factory reset?
Try one of the following things mentioned below if your firestick remote does not work even after performing a hard reset:
- The first thing you can try is to restart the Fire TV Stick and see if it helps.
- After that, remove the batteries and reinstall them again.
- If that doesn’t help, purchase and install new batteries in your remote.
- If that doesn’t help too, you must clean the compartment of the batteries.
- Unpair and re-pair the remote using the ‘Home’ button.
- After that, see if you have locked any buttons.
- Go in the closest range of your Fire TV Stick.
- Remove obstructions between the remote and the TV.
Note: you may apply these methods if the menu button on the firestick remote not working.
This is how you can reset the firestick remote by applying different methods and one of the methods will definitely work right for you. In case your remote doesn’t work even after resetting the remote, then you have to purchase a new one from Amazon.