In different scenarios, you might need to reset ASUS laptop to its factory settings. However, different people would have different reasons for doing so. Restoring the default settings of any device makes a great difference to its overall performance. This process removes the viruses from your device, if there is any along with reviving the PC from system failure. In case you are planning to sell your PC, then it is very essential to erase the contents present on it. If you do not do not do so, the next person would misuse the data present on it.
Before you begin the process, make sure to keep a backup of all the important files present on your desktop. You may either transfer to USB storage or any other safe location.
Steps to reset ASUS laptop
- First, you need to power on your ASUS laptop/reboot it.
- As soon as the ASUS logo appears on your screen, press the “F9” button.
- On the resulting screen i.e. Windows Boot Manager, hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Here, choose your desired language from the given options and tap ‘Next’.
- Go through the on-screen message and click the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, choose one of the following options:
- “Recover Windows to First Partition Only”
- “Recover Windows to Entire HD”
- “Recover Windows to Entire HD With Two Partitions”.
- After choosing the desired option, click ‘Next’.
- In the end, follow some on-screen instructions to complete the process.
You may also read: How to Reset Password on Windows 10?
Reset ASUS laptop Windows 10 from boot?
Before you begin, note that all the accounts, files, customizations, settings, and downloaded apps will be removed once you undergo the following process. Hence, create a backup of all the necessary information.
- To get started, you need to click on the ‘Start’ option.
- After this, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- On the next tab, select “Update & security”.
- Further, select the “Recovery” option then select “Reset this PC”.
- The, hit the “Get started” option followed by “Restore factory settings”.
- On the next screen, select the appropriate option according to your need.
- Do the same on the next screen and click “Restore”.
- Now, the restoring process will begin for which you need to wait for some time.
How do I restore an ASUS laptop to factory settings?
To restore an ASUS laptop to its factory settings, you need to click on the ‘Settings’ option from teh ‘Start’ menu. Then, you need to select ‘Restore factory settings’. Next up, after selecting the desired and appropriate option, select ‘Restore’.
Where is the reset button on ASUS laptop?
Most of the laptops do not have a reset button it. They just have a power button or volume buttons. In case your laptop freezes at a particular point, then you may force shutdown the laptop by holding the power button for some time.
How do I force restart my ASUS?
First, you need to force shut down the laptop by pressing and holding the power button for some time. When it turns off completely, then you have to wait for up to 5 seconds and then press the power button to restart it.
Why my ASUS laptop is not opening?
Your laptop might have been infected with a malware or virus which is causing it not open. To get rid of this issue, you need to hard reboot your device and then make sure to remove all the malware or viruses from it, if there are any.
Read the related article – Asus Laptop Windows 10 factory reset, Don’t have a password