At times, certain situations arise when you need to factory reset your Android devices. Sometimes, your device suddenly gets frozen or it stops to respond. This situation annoys you a lot and you get worried if you will ever be able to use it or not. When this happens with you, you generally restart your phone and it resolves the issue. But when it doesn’t resolve the issue, you have to perform a hard reset of your device.
Another reason why one would wish to perform an Android factory reset is he wants to sell it and he does not want anyone else to get hold of his data. In other cases, when you do not want to sell your phone, and only your phone got freeze up, only “rebooting” or doing a “soft reset” of your phone will do. So, let us learn the ways to factory reset an Android device in different situations.
Steps to factory reset an Android phone (soft reset)
You can easily factory reset your Android phone from the “Settings” menu but before doing so you should note something important. The process will erase all the data from your device’s internal storage, including personal files like images, songs, videos, etc. You should also back up all the data present on the phone. Although the way to do this differs from device to device, this is one of the most common methods of doing so:
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Go to “Backup & reset”.
- Now, tap on “Factory data reset”.
- After this, click on the “Reset phone” button.
- Here, you have to enter the passcode of your phone.
- Consecutively, tap on the “Erase everything” option.
- When this process completes, you have to reboot the phone.
- Further, you can choose to restore your Android phone’s data.
A few steps to hard reset Android Tablet
- Turn off your device and press the “power” and “volume” button altogether.
- Do it until the Android bootloader menu appears on your screen.
- Now, using the volume button, go through the various options.
- Using the power button, select the desired option.
- From here, you have to choose “Recovery Mode”.
- Now, you will see the “no command” message in a blank screen.
- After this, press and hold the “power” button and while holding this press and release the volume up button.
- This action will bring the “menu” on your screen.
- Here, select “Wipe data/Factory reset” option and you are done.
How do I reset network settings in an Android device?
The process to “Reset network settings Android” is simple and it goes like:
- Open your device and swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, open the “Settings” app.
- Further tap on the “General management” option.
- Consecutively, click on “Reset” and go to next step.
- Here, click on the “Reset Network Settings” option.
- Finally, click on “Reset Settings” to complete the process.
The process to bypass the Android lock screen without reset
- Begin by going to “Device Manager” from the browser of your system.
- After this, log-in to your Google account ID that you have set up on the phone you are using.
- Upon completing the sign-in process, choose your device.
- From here, click on the “Erase” button.
- This action will erase Android and will bypass the lock screen without a password.
If you are coming across problems while doing so, then you must seek assistance from the experts for resolving your issues instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to unlock Android phone after too many pattern attempts without factory reset?
Switch off the phone and press the power and volume button together. Now, a menu would appear where you have to navigate with volume buttons. After this, select the“home” button and tap “Clear data” followed by “clear cache”. In the end, reboot your phone and this would unlock it.
What to backup before factory reset Android?
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind before performing the factory reset process on your Android device. First of all, sync your Google account and make sure that you have a backup of images, videos, etc. with you. After this, copy contacts and calendar to the cloud and remove online accounts as well as disable the “Device Protection”.
How to hard reset Android phone using PC software?
Download and launch any PC software on your computer and click “Start” to begin it. After this, connect your Android phone to the computer using a USB cable. Now, click on the “Start Unlock” and follow some on-screen instructions. The PC software will remove the screen lock of your phone along with performing a hard reset.
How to recover data after factory reset Android free without computer?
Nowadays, everybody has set up Google account on your Android. Users usually enable synchronization for all data before performing a reset. After the factory reset, you can set up your Google account again on the phone. During the setup process,you will be allowed to restore all the synced data.
How to backup apps on Android before factory reset?
First of all, go to the“Settings” followed by “Personal”. Now, choose “Backup and Reset” option. After this, choose “Backup my data” and click “Automatic restore”. Again go to the “Personal” page followed by “Account & Sync”. Here, select the Google account to which you have backed up your apps. Further, select all the options on this page and you are done.
Related Articles –