You may not be able to print using your printer if the Print Spooler has stopped working on your Windows 10 computer. In such a case you should approach the right method to fix the issue with the Print Spooler of your printer. To fix the Print Spooler not working issue on your Windows 10 device, you can reset printer spooler or clear it by deleting the stored files. The process to reset and clear the printer spooler on Windows 10 is easy and clear. So, if you are also facing trouble with the printer spooler then you should go through the steps that we are going to discuss in this post to reset and clear the printer spooler.
Steps to Reset Printer Spooler Windows 10
The steps to reset printer spooler Windows 10 are mentioned below, you need to approach the steps using your Windows 10 computer; look at the steps:
- Using your Windows 10 computer, head to the search bar and type ‘Services’, and press Enter
- Now, after opening the services window on your computer, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter
- You need to search for Print Spooler from the services menu, find it and tap on Print Spooler
- Now, you can see a ‘Restart the service’ option, you need to tap on it
- Then, using the power button on your printer, you need to turn it OFF
- Wait for a minute and then turn it ON back, using the same button
- Now, you will find that issue with the printer spooler has been fixed
- Finally, you have reset the Printer Spooler Windows 10
Note: After going through the above method, you will be able to restart the Print Spooler using your Windows 10 computer. If the problem with the printer spooler still persists then approach the steps to clear or delete files from the printer spooler.
Steps to clear the printer spooler using Windows 10
The quick steps are mentioned below to clear the printer spooler Windows 10; look at the steps:
- On the Windows 10 computer, approach the search bar and type ‘Services’, and tap Enter
- Now, the services window will be opened on your Windows 10 computer, type ‘services.msc’ in it
- Then, from the services select the ‘Print Spooler’
- Now, find the ‘Stop the services’ option and click or tap on it
- Minimize the window and press Windows key + E using the keyboard of your Windows 10 computer
- Locate the ‘Printers’ by approaching the file address C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS or C:\Windows\System64\spool\PRINTERS for Windows 10 (32 bit) computer
- If you are using a Windows 10 (64 bit) computer then you may need to go through C:\Windows\System64\spool\PRINTERS to locate the ‘Printers’ file
- You need to tap on the ‘Continue’ button on the next prompt on your screen
- Now, select all the files or print jobs from the ‘Printers’ folder and delete them to clear the queue of the printer spooler
- You need to disconnect the PC from the Windows 10 computer for a short while and connect it back after some time
- Take a print test to check whether the Print Spooler has started working or not
- Finally, you have cleared all the print job from the printer spooler of your printer
Note: The above-mentioned steps for reset printer spooler and clear the printer spooler will help you to fix the Print Spooler not working issue on your Windows 10 computer.
To sum up, whenever you face any problem with the printer spooler of your printer then your first approach should be to reset printer spooler or clear the print job from the printer spooler as it is an effective way to fix the issue. The steps to reset and clear the printer spooler are mentioned in this post. Approach the steps for both methods to find out a solution to fix the printer spooler issue on your Windows 10 device. To clear the queued job files from the printer spooler of your printer you need to locate the ‘Printers’ folder. Hopefully, you have reset and cleared the printer spooler referring to the steps that are given in this post.