There might be various situations in life when you want to change spectrum Wi-Fi password. The first time we need to do is at changing the default password of the network connection that we have recently bought. On the other hand, sometimes, we may need to change it for our own convenience because the default passwords are quite complicated. If you have a Wi-Fi service with Spectrum, then changing the password is not so difficult.
Before beginning with the procedure to reset the Wi-Fi password Spectrum, we need to find the pre-set password only then we can change it. Sometimes, you may easily find it on the label present on your router or sometimes it may be found on the modem-router gateway. This guide will help you to find the current password of Spectrum along with the steps to change it on Windows and Mac devices. Users should not get confused if they come across words like SSID, network security key, WPA key or WAP/WPA2 because they all refer to the name of the Wi-Fi network.
Ways to find the network name and password
In case you wish to change the default network password, then you may find it either on a label that is present on the bottom of your router or the gateway.
To find it on Windows 10
- Connect your Windows 10 device to the Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate to the taskbar and right-click on the “Wi-Fi” icon.
- From here, select the option saying “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Choose the name of your network present net to “connections”.
- Further, tap on the “Wireless Properties” followed by “Security tab”.
- Tap on the “Show Characters” option.
- Doing this will display your password in the “Network Security Key” field.
To find it on your Mac
- Begin by opening the “Keychain Access” app by navigating to the “Utilities” tab under the “Applications” section.
- When your Wi-Fi network name displays, double-tap on it.
- Further, you have to tap on the “Show password” option.
- Here, enter the Mac login credentials and tap “Allow”.
- This will display your password in the “Show password” field.
How to change the Wi-Fi network name and password Spectrum?
You can easily find your network name and password by navigating to Spectrum.net and this is how you can do so:
- To reset the Wi-Fi password spectrum, sign in to your Spectrum account at Spectrum.net.
- You may also create a new account if you do not have an account linked with Spectrum.
- Further, you have to select the option saying “internet” available under the “Services” section.
- To view more information about your gateway or router, select the down arrow which is in blue.
- Doing this will display the network’s name (SSID) and password on your screen.
- To change any one of them, click on the “Update” option.
- Make the desired changes and follow some on-screen prompts.
- Once the process completes, tap on the “Save Changes” button.
In case you are not able to follow any guidelines given in this article, then you may contact the experts to seek their assistance on changing passwords. You should keep a strong password for your Wi-Fi network so that nobody could secretly use it without your knowledge.