Settings a password on your Netflix account is quite necessary if you want to protect unauthorized logins to it. However, if you ever feel that your password has been shared without your consent, you always have the option to change it.
Apart from this, if you have forgotten your password or the current password you are entering for the login purpose is not working, then you can easily reset it by working on the instructions given in the sections that follow.
With that known, let us have a glance at how you can reset or change your Netflix password. First, we shall take up our discussion on Netflix password reset which will be followed by the process to change Netflix password.
Methods to reset Netflix password
Method 1- password reset via email
You can reset your password by two methods; either by email or using your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone number, then you can use the method given below for Netflix password reset via email:
- First, go to netflix.com/loginhelp from your browser.
- Here, select the email option.
- Then, enter your registered email address.
- Next up, select the ‘Email me’ option.
- Open your email and look for the password reset email from Netflix.
- Open the link given in the email you received.
- As soon as you click on it, you’ll be signed in immediately.
- On the page that opens, you can create a new password.
Method 2- password reset via text SMS
- Go to netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Here, select the Text Message (SMS) option.
- Enter the phone number you linked to your account.
- Then, select ‘Text Me’ option.
- Now, you’ll receive a verification code.
- Once you enter it, you can easily reset your password.
Methods to change Netflix password
Method 1- from the web browser
- From a web browser, go to the Netflix website.
- Then, log in to your account.
- Then, hover your mouse over the ‘Profile’ icon.
- Choose ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Change password’ option from the Billing section.
- Enter your existing password to proceed further.
- Then, select a new password for your account.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button in the end.
You can also directly navigate to www.netflix.com/password from your browser and follow some easy steps.
Method 2- from the mobile application
- Launch the Netflix app on your device.
- Tap on the ‘More’ icon at the bottom right.
- Select ‘Account’ and tap ‘change password’.
- Enter your current password as well as the new one.
- Click ‘Save’ to make the changes.
After learning the process to change and reset Netflix password, let us know some more things related to the same topic by answering some of the frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset Netflix on my TV?
If your Netflix freezes or is low to respond on your TV, then you must reset it immediately:
- Go to the Home screen of TV and then select the ‘Settings’ option.
- After that, you need to scroll and find the Netflix app.
- Click on it when you find it.
- When you see the Reset toggle, slide it towards the On position.
- Then, click on the Home button to return to the home screen.
- Again press the Home button twice and you will see the Netflix app again.
How do I recover my Netflix password without resetting it?
There is no way through which you can recover the password without resetting it. If you do not remember your password, then you must reset it in order to gain access to your account. For resetting, go to the help section of your Netflix account.
Why is my Netflix password not working?
You might be mistyping you password or while typing the CAPS Lock must be on. In this scenario, you must check if the CAPS Lock is on or off. Apart from this, you may try to enter your password carefully. Also, you must reset your password if you think somebody has stolen it purposely.
Is Netflix cracking down on password sharing?
Netflix may not be so happy about the fact that people keep on sharing their passwords to their friends and family. So, in that regard, it made an announcement in 2019 that it would be making it impossible for the users to share their passwords. However, no such action is taken by it till now.
Can 2 persons watch Netflix at the same time?
Yes, several individuals can watch Netflix at the same time. However, this is completely based on the plan you have purchased. If you have opted for the Standard plan, then this scenario is possible. However, if you have chosen the Basic plan, then only a single individual would be able to watch it.