An IP address is known as Internet Protocol which is an alphanumerical code assigned to each device that is connected to a network. For establishing a connection between the device and the network, IP is a must. Therefore, each device has its unique IP address which not only does this specific work but also gives the details about your location. Whenever you go to a different location or visit another country, the IP address of your device keeps changing as you connect to different networks.
A user might need to change the IP address of his device because of several reasons. It might be because you wish to set a static IP address that does not change or because you are using a mobile web server. Another reason could be that you wish to share files from your mobile with the FTP server. Sometimes, you want to use mobile media server, that is why having a static IP address is necessary. Now, we are going to discuss the methods to reset IP address. These methods will help you in the process to change the public IP address.
How to change the IP address on Windows 10?
Follow these settings in a Windows 10 laptop or computer to change its IP address:
- Navigate to the taskbar of your device and look for the icon representing the internet.
- Now, right-click on this icon and then tap on “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- When a new page opens, click on “connections”.
- Once you do so, you will see a new Wireless Network Connection Status window.
- Here, you need to click on the “properties” option.
- Now, you will see a network connection status pop-up window.
- Here, you need to tap on the option reading as “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IP v4)”.
- Further, enter the required details including IP address.
- In the end, press “OK”.
Steps to change your IP address on Android
- To change the IP address of your Android device, firstly go to its Settings.
- After this, tap on the option reading as “Wireless & Networks”.
- Further, you need to go to the Wi-Fi section.
- Here, you need to tap & hold the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, click on the “Modify Network” option.
- From here, click on the “Advanced” option.
- Finally, you can edit your android’s IP Address DHCP.
Method to change IP address on Mac
- First of all, you need to go to the menu of your Apple device.
- After this, select “System Preferences’ from here.
- Now, tap on the option reading as “Network”.
- It will open a new window where you have to navigate to the bar on the side.
- Further, select the network you are using such as “Wi-Fi”.
- Note down the current address as you may need it later.
- After this, click “Advanced” and then select “TCP/IP”.
- Select “Manually” in the drop-down menu present next to “Configure IPv4”.
- Finally, you can assign a new IP address.
- When you are done, click “OK” followed by “Apply”.
Steps to change IP address on iPhone
- First of all, click on the “Settings” icon.
- After this, click on the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Now you will see the name of the network you are connected to.
- Click on the “i” or information icon present next to it.
- Now, tap on the “Static” tab and you will see a new tab.
- Here, you need to set a new IP address in the space provided for it.
- Here, you may change other desired settings as well.
- To save the changes you have made, click on “Wi-Fi” network once again or tap “Renew Lease”.
How do I change router IP address?
- Go to the “Settings” page of your router.
- Login to your account using the correct username and password.
- Now, you need to open the “basic” settings tab.
- You will find it under the “network configuration” page.
- On this page, edit the IP address accordingly.
- Click “Apply” to save the changes.
Steps to change the IP address online
The users who are wondering “how do I change my IP address online” can
- Open the web browser and enter their IP address there.
- After this, they need to log in using the default username and password.
- Further, you need to click on the Setup option.
- From the Setup page, choose Network Settings.
- Here, you need to type the new IP address in the Router Settings page.
- When you are done, click on the “Save” button.
How to change the IP address of a printer?
- From the menu of your printer, select “Network Settings”.
- After this, tap on the option reading as “View Network Configuration”.
- Further, you need to scroll down and make a note of the assigned IP address.
- Now, from your computer, you need to select Start.
- Next, tap on Run and then tap cmd.
- Enter the new IP address and hit the Enter key.
Now, we have learned to change the IP address and after changing it, you should note it down somewhere for future reference.