eBay is a website on which an individual can sell and shop online. It provides the facility of buying and selling goods and services on the internet. eBay is the biggest online market in which you can buy top branded items at less price. Anyone can open their account on eBay for free.
Also, it will ask you to provide your bank or card details for paying online when you purchase any item from them. Your password should be strong and unique so that nobody can use your account for their benefit as you added your bank credentials there. In this blog, we will discuss how to reset and change the eBay password.
Steps for changing eBay password
To change your eBay password, follow the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of eBay.
- Enter your credentials there and log in.
- Search for account settings.
- On the top of your screen, click on personal details on the left side.
- Tap on password.
- Hit the edit button for changing your password.
- It will ask you to enter your current password.
- Then, you have to provide a new password.
- Re-enter your new password.
- Tap the save button.
- Now, you can change eBay password anytime if you are worried about your credentials.
How you can reset your eBay password?
If you are not active on eBay for months and years and you want to recover your eBay account but you have forgotten your eBay password then, you can reset it by following these easy steps.
- Go to the official website www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/reset-password of eBay.
- Type your login details.
- Visit your account settings.
- Then, tap on the option of personal information.
- Hit on the section of the password.
- Click on “eBay forgot account password”.
- Then, type your Email ID.
- It will ask you to reset your password by choosing any of them, call, text, or by email.
- You can choose according to your preference.
- A link will be sent to you.
- Open the link and enter your new password.
- Confirm your new password and save the details.
- If eBay password reset not working then, clear cache and cooking and try again.
What are the eBay password requirements?
If you want to change or reset your eBay password, you have to follow some requirements:
- Your password should be at least six or more characters.
- There should be one upper case or lower case letter.
- There should be at least one number.
- There should be one special character. For example, @, #, !
Tips while changing or resetting your eBay password
Here are some important tips you should follow while changing or resetting your password.
- Your password should be long, strong, and unique so that, nobody can learn it except you.
- Do not enter easy to guess password. If you are close to some people and they know everything about you so they can guess your password easily.
- Do not enter your old password again. Maybe there is someone who knows your old password and can use your eBay account.
- Do not use your birth dates, names, and phone numbers as your password, it will be very easy for someone to guess your password. It should be different and try to learn that password instead of writing it down.
- You should change your password after every 2-3 months not only when it is required.
To conclude, it is important to change or reset your eBay password as your bank account and card details are added to it. With the above-mentioned steps, you can easily change or reset your eBay password without facing any trouble.