It doesn’t matter if you have a treasure map on your laptop or not, the windows 10 password is very much important. If you think that someone is having access to your password or you we using the password for a long time then it is a good time to change password windows 10. You can always choose a new password and we recommend you to use the combinations of letters and numbers. Generally, it is the very best idea to keep the password of eight characters. We strongly advise using the alphanumeric characters as it cannot be hacked easily.
So, if you are trying to keep your privacy intact then make sure you know how to use the Incognito windows. If you use the Microsoft account on your Windows 10 then it is important to change the administrator password in windows 10 on a regular interval. In this article, you will get to learn different methods to change password windows 10. All we need to do is to follow each method carefully to avoid any interruptions in the process to change password windows 10.
Method 1: Change password windows 10 from the Control panel
- First of all, you have to open the “Control Panel” window.
- Open the “View by” option to view the “Large icons”.
- Tap on the “User accounts” option.
- After this, tap on the “Manage another account” link.
- Tap on the user account that you wish to change.
- Just tap on the “Change the password” option.
- Now, type the current password and enter the new one to use and tap on the “Change password”.
Method 2: Change password windows 10 from PC settings
- First of all tap on the “Windows +I” to open the Settings app.
- Tap on the “Accounts” and tap on the “Sign-in” options and tap on the “Change” button under the “Password” section.
- Just enter the current password and tap on the “Next” option.
Method 3: Change password windows 10 from Computer management
- First of all right click on “This PC” icon on the desktop and tap on the “Manage” option.
- Open the “Local Users and Groups” tab and go to the “Users” option.
- Now, right-click on the user’s window and tap on the “Set Password” option.
- After this, tap on the “Proceed” option to confirm.
- Just enter the new password two times and tap on the “Ok” option.
Method 4: change password windows 10 via Netplwiz
- For this, you need to press the “Windows+R” keys together to open the Run dialog box. You have to type “netplwiz” and tap on the “Enter” button.
- Go to the User accounts window you have to see the user account to change the password and tap on the “Reset password” option.
- Enter the new password for the user account and tap on the “Ok” option.
- This will complete the process without any interruptions.
Method 5: Change password windows 10 from Command prompt
- First of all, you need to open the “Command Prompt” in Windows 10.
- In the Command Prompt window, just type “net user” and press the “Enter” button.
- You will now see the list of user accounts on the computer screen including the password you wish to change.
- Just type the commands to change the password and enter the new password.
- Congratulations! You have successfully changed on Windows 10.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
All the ways to change password windows 10 shown in this article requires you to log on to the Windows 10 as an admin account. If you do not have admin rights, then you need to have and access to the PC unlocker tool to reset the forgotten password. We also suggest you visit the official website to get assistance for related queries and confusions.