It is important to understand that the Wi-Fi gateway does come with a default network name and password. Just change the network information in order to make it easy for remembering and protecting the network from unwanted users. Make sure you do not use personal information such as name or address. In this article, you will get to learn the basic steps to change att wifi password without any interruptions. So, without any further discussion let us start the topic.
What are the steps to change the wifi name and password att?
You can change the Wifi name and password ATT with Smart Home manager, for this, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the “Smart Home manager” option.
- After this, tap on the “More” option from the main menu.
- Tap on the “Network” option and select the “Wi-Fi network name” or the “Password” to change.
- Choose the “X” option at the right line to clear the current name and password.
- Enter the new Wi-Fi network name or password.
- Tap on the “Save” option.
- Once you have successfully changed the WiFi network information, just reconnect the WiFi devices.
How to change the att router password with the Gateway user interface?
For this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, go to the “Gateway settings” option.
- Tap on the “Home Network” option followed by the “Wireless” option.
- If it is required, you need to enter the “Device access code” that is located on the “Password” field.
- Tap on the “Submit” option.
- Just change the desired information such as Wifi name, Wifi password ad more.
- Tap on the “Save” option and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once you have changed the WiFi network successfully, you have to reconnect all the WiFi devices using new network information.
How to reset att wifi password?
Whether there is a need to update the DSL network password on your device or reset it for security just follow to steps given below:
- First of all go to the “DSL network password” webpage.
- After this, enter the “Member ID” and choose the “Continue” option.
- Now, enter the answers as prompted in “Security Questions”.
- Tap on the “Continue” option and you will see the “DSL network password” on-screen.
- To access a new password, select the “Reset” option.
- After this, you will see a new system-generated password on the screen.
- Just update the modem with the new password.
- If you are using a home computer, just select the “Update Modem Now” option to open the AT&T password reset tool.
- You can now automatically update the modem network password.
- If you are not in your home then update the password manually to maintain the DSL network connection.
In the conclusive viewpoint:
By now, we hope that this article has given you enough insights to change att wifi password without any interruptions. However, if you still have confusion or queries related to the topic in discussion then it is strongly recommended to visit the official website www.att.com and get best-in-quality assistance for the same. Customer support assistance is provided by the team of experts and technicians to solve the queries with the best possible alternatives.