If you face error while trying to sign in to your Apple account, it might happen due to the loss of ID password or network issues. In this case, you need to perform Apple ID Password Reset to regain access to your account.
Remember that your Apple ID is your personal Apple account that enables you to shop the iTune stores, buy an app, Sign in to iCloud, and a lot more. If you forget your Apple ID password, you will be shunned to access any of the services.
How to Reset Apple ID Password will require you to have email address of your Apple ID.
What if I don’t have my Apple ID?
Well, it rarely happens that forgot both your password and Apple ID. To access your Apple account, you need both. If you have Apple ID, then you can reset Apple ID Password.
However, if you have none, then you need to retrieve your Apple ID first to reset Apple ID Password, and then access your account.
- Look into your iCloud, or iTune or App Store settings to retrieve your Apple ID.
If you are using iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then follow the instruction to retrieve Apple ID:
Tap “Settings” > [Your Name]
On iOS 10 or later versions, tap Settings > “iCloud”
With iTune and App Stores
Tap “Settings” > [Your Name] > iTune & App Store.
On iOS 10 or later versions, tap “Settings” >iTunes & App Store
How to reset Apple ID Password?
Steps to reset Apple ID Password may vary depending upon the type of security you are using for your Apple ID. For Instance, if you’re prompted to verify your phone number, then use the steps for two-factor authentication.
You may choose from any of the following options to reset Apple ID Password.
- Two Factor Authentication
- Email, Password and security question
- Two-step verification
This information will only imply if you are using iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps to reset Apple ID Password:
Make sure to have iOS 10 or later version:
- Get your iPhone open and navigate to “Settings” option
- Enter your [Name] > “Password & Security” > Change Password, and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password
For iOS 10.2 or earlier versions:
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap iCloud > [Your Name] > “Password & Security” > Change Password, then follow the on-screen instructions
Email, Password, and Security Question
- Open your Apple ID account page and then press “Forgot Apple ID Password”
- Type your Apple ID
- Click to option “reset Apple ID password” and then press “continue”
- Choose any of the following options to reset Apple ID password:
- Select the “Answer your security question” option and provide the correct answer to reset your password.
- Select “Get an email”. You will get an email including the information you need to reset Apple ID Password.
- In case, you’re prompted for a recovery key, use the steps for “Two-factor authentication” or “two-step verification” to reset your password.
- Open your Apple ID account page and then press “Forgot Apple ID Password”. If you’re prompted to verify your phone number, then you can rather use the steps for “two-factor authentication”
- Type your Apple ID
- Click to option “reset Apple ID password” and the press “continue
- Enter your Recovery key for two-side verification
- Get another device to receive email that contains a verification code to help reset your Password
- Retrieve the verification code by signing to your Apple account through another device
- Enter the verification code
- Create a new password, then select “Reset Password”
After you reset your password through any of the procedure above mentioned. You can then access your Apple account. In case, you face difficulty following the steps, the contact Apple customer care service to get an expert help.